Thursday, May 20, 2010

Leaving on a good note from Ireland

Wow, I can’t believe I am writing my last blog in Ireland. I can’t stay that it went fast because at times it felt like it didn’t but I can stay that it has been experience that I will never forget. I think it was best explained by Helen Fallon at the end of the day when she said that you could have not done all of what we did on your own. You could not have done this for the price we paid and in the time span that we did it in. Even though we sacrificed getting off work and time with friends it was well worth it. I am truly blessed with the help of my family and from the support of friends that I was able to go.

On our last day we made a short stop at a town called Adare. I believe Joe said it was one of the prettiest towns in Ireland. It was really early in the morning and we only stopped for approximately thirty minutes so I don’t remember too much. Below is a picture taken at the town park.

We then went to see the Cliffs of Mohr located in Limerick. Going there will most definitely be an unforgettable memory for me. I have never seen anything so massive as those cliffs before in my life. Being able to walk up right against the edge was frightening and simply breath-taking all at the same time. The temperature was in the 70s and the sun was shining. The weather could not have been any better. I enjoyed just being able to go at my own pace, to sit on the grass a few inches away from the drop off and to say a prayer.

After we left the cliffs, we drove to our last hotel called The Clarion where we will be staying tonight. Nicole, Angelica and I were in luck because we ended up with a great room. We have a great view of a body of water. The internet is wireless, there is hot water and more importantly room to move around. Life is good.

To end the evening, we ate a medieval banquet at the Bunratty Castle. The food was delicious and the live entertainment was amusing. I personally enjoyed that it was not long and drown out. Having walked along the cliffs I think everyone was tired but then there was a burst of energy from Joe that woke the bus up when he started singing the popular Irish song “Molly Malone.” When we came back to the hotel for a final meeting, we went around and had to say one favorite memory of the trip. Angelica sitting next to me just so happened to say what I was going to say which was the experience of looking out the window as the plane was landing in Ireland and being in awe and wonder. Since she had taken mine I then said seeing the shipyard where the Titanic was built in Belfast was exciting. Now, I have to repack my things and go to sleep…the professors said there will be a wakeup call at 4:30 a.m. for us to get up. We are leaving here at 5 a.m. to go to the Dublin airport. To all of you reading this I hope to see you soon and to tell you more of my stories from Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment