Saturday, May 15, 2010

Free day in Dublin

Even though today was called a free day…it was not a free day. I worked a lot on my photos for my web project. I went to St. Rita’s for photos. What made this visit to St. Rita’s different than the first visit was that I was able to get images of people within the church. I was able to take a picture of a 93-year-old worker in the church and a lady who has worked there for 15 years. I also made a quick visit to St. James and the Anglican. It being Saturday the main street was filled with local vendors which made it a sight to see.
In the afternoon I was able to edit some of the photos from the morning and the Belfast trip. Angelica and I went to the Guinness factory. It reminded me so much of Chocolate world in Hershey, Pa. The factory had seven floors of interesting information. But if you ask me how to make Guinness I could not tell you. I learned that the first export of Guinness beer to the United States was a shipment to South Carolina in 1817. The seventh floor had a beautiful view of cityscape of Dublin where you could enjoy your free pint of Guinness.

Immediately after that tour, I went to an Irish music and dance show at the Arlington Hotel with Ryan and Erin where we were served a three course meal. At first it was nerve racking because even though we had a printout confirmation ticket we were not on their list and may I remind you it was only us… no tour guide- Rachael. What were we going to do? None of us had a phone. But within 20 minutes they were able to get us a seat. For an entrée I had an orange and carrot soup, for the main course I had some kind of chicken, potatoes and carrots, and for dessert I had a berry cheese dessert that was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment